Coconut is a common tropical fruit tree that offers nutritious and delicious organic products. Coconut syrup is one of them. Extracted from the nectar of the coconut palm tree, this organic coconut product is widely used as an alternative for commercial sweeteners.
Now, pretend you are eating breakfast on a gorgeous tropical island. And suddenly, you are craving for pancakes. Don’t worry. We got you covered. Here is a recipe for Banana Pancakes with Coconut Syrup that your entire family will love.
Delicious and Healthy Banana Pancakes with Coconut Syrup
This recipe requires approximately 15 minutes to prepare. The cooking time is about 15 minutes as well. After doing all the maths, we came up with a conclusion that to make this healthy and yummy breakfast treat, you would only need 30 minutes.
***A total of 12 pancakes can be made with this special breakfast meal.
Banana Pancakes with Coconut Syrup Ingredients
For Coconut Syrup
- 1 can or 14 ounces of fresh coconut milk
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup granulated Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
For Banana Pancakes
- 3 tbsps. melted butter or Coco Treasure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsps. Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pcs. mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- sweetened coconut flakes (toasted)
- macadamia nuts (chopped)
- sliced bananas
Coconut Syrup Instructions
An all-natural, homemade syrup is so much better, unlike any store-bought coconut syrup. Commercial syrups made from coconut are highly processed and contain preservatives. The following are the natural way to create your own coco syrup.
- Get a small pan and put it over medium to high heat.
- Combine the coco milk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch.
- And then, let them boil. Turn the heat to the lowest point.
- For at least 15 minutes, simmer the mixture.
- Stir once regularly to smoothen the mixture.
- Allow to cool in the pan to thicken the syrup.
Banana and Macadamia Nut Pancakes Instruction
- Mix the flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and the salt in one large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the mashed banana, melted butter or coconut oil, buttermilk, eggs, and the vanilla extract.
- Get another large bowl and combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Add the macadamia nuts. By doing this, the batter will become a bit lumpy.
- Grab another pan and grease it with butter or coconut oil. Heat it to medium low.
- Cook the pancakes until they become golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the pancakes with whatever you like-homemade coconut syrup, sliced bananas, toasted coconut flakes, or chopped macadamia nuts.
You will surely feel like in a tropical paradise after tasting the yummy breakfast. This banana pancakes recipe is definitely a treat for everyone. Serve this with slices of banana, chopped macadamia nuts, or toasted coconut flakes to satisfy yours and their taste buds. Complete this treat with a delicious homemade coconut syrup. For sure, your loved ones will come asking for more. You might want to prepare more.